Time is money is an old maxim often repeated from the time of our forebears up untill our time.
The question is how many people understand the meaning of the phrase time is money. Because if we do, many of us would live productive lives by spending our time in useful ways that will add value to our days.
Below are quotes that can increase the awareness of the importance of putting our time into good use. I invite you to read them and try to imbibe the principles in your life.
50 Time is Money Quotes
- Money often costs too much. –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Time is money; Continually look for ways to do things faster and better” – Brian Tracy
- “Time is money. Wasted time means wasted money means trouble.” – Shirley Temple
- “Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.” – Carl Sandburg
- “Time is the of coin life. Only you can determine how it will be spent.” – Carl Sandburg
- “If time is money, I’m an hour past paid” – Lil Wayne
- “Time is money, so I went out to buy a rolex.” – Wiz Khalifa
- “They say time is money, but that’s not true. Time is life. And if I want the fullest life, I need to find fullest time… the busyness of your life leaving little room for the source of your life… God gives us time. And who has time for God? Which makes no sense.” – Ann Voskamp
- “If time is money, it seems moral to save time, above all one’s own, and such parsimony is excused by consideration for others. One is straight-forward.” – Theodor Adorno
- “The main way people waste time is by complaining of their past wasted time. Leaders respond even if it seems to be late”
- “Do you love life? If so, then do not squander time, because that’s the stuff life is made of” – Olawale Daniel
- “Depending on who you ask, time is money, time is love, time is work, time is play, time is enjoying friends, time is raising children, and time is much more. Time is what you make of it” – Philip Zimbardo
- “You may delay, but time will not” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any. It is wonderful how much can be done if we are always doing” –Thomas Jefferson
- “Time is money, and when you waste time you waste money and success you can have; if you just overcome the temptation to be distracted. Don’t waste time, be productive, and success will be one step closer”– Jeanette Coron
- “Everyday is a bank account, and time is our currency. No one is rich, no one is poor, we’ve got 24 hours each” –Christopher Rice
- “It’s how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success” –David Feherty
- “How did it get so late so soon? It’s night before it’s afternoon. December is here before it’s June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon? – Dr. Seuss
- “The best thing money can buy is financial freedom” –Sayings
- “If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability” –Henry Ford
- “The main way people waste time is by complaining of their past wasted time. Leaders respond even if it seems to be late” – Israelmore Ayivor,
- “They say “time is money”. But I want to say “time makes money”. This means time is greater than money” – Israelmore Ayivor,
- “If there’s one thing money does buy, it’s the leisure of time– to make decisions. Better still, to make the right ones” – Karen Brooks
- “If you want to feel rich, just count the things you have that money can’t buy” – Proverb
- “Trade money for time, not time for money. You’re going to run out of time first” – Naval Ravikant
- “Time is your most valuable asset. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.” – Jim Rohn
- “Money is multiplied in practical value depending on the number of W’s you control in your life: what you do, when you do it, where you do it, and with whom you do it.” –Timothy Ferriss
- “Waste your money and you’re only out of money, but waste your time and you’ve lost a part of your life.”
– Michael Leboeuf
- “Many favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.” – Steve Jobs
- “Budgeting is people telling their money where to go instead of asking where it went.” – John C. Maxwell
- “Many people take no care of their money till they come nearly to the end of it. And others do just the same with their time.”
– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “With money you can buy a house, but not a home.
With money you can buy a clock, but not time.
With money you can buy a book, but not knowledge.” – Unknown
- “Remember that time is money. He that can earn ten shillings a day by his labour, and goes abroad, or sits idle one half of that day, though he spends but sixpence during his diversion or idleness, it ought not to be reckoned the only expence; he hath really spent or thrown away five shillings besides” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Prices go up, but wages stay the same. However, it’s nothing to get depressed about. Life’s always required hard work. If you want to make it far, you’ll need to make a dime instead of a nickel” – Yogi Berra
- “Don’t let money be the most important thing in life. Having friends, family, and purpose… Is more valuable than any amount of financial wealth” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The thrill of spending is short-lived. Being proud of the savings you worked for will always be better for your life. It takes effort and discipline, but financial responsibility always pays well at the end of the day” Sayings
- “Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend” – Theophrastus.
- “The key is in not spending time, but in investing it” – Stephen R. Covey.
- “Time is free, but it’s priceless. You can’t own it, but you can use it. You can’t keep it, but you can spend it. Once you’ve lost it you can never get it back” – Harvey Mackay
- “The trouble is, you think you have time” – Jack Kornfield
- “Time is a cruel thief to rob us of our former selves. We lose as much to life as we do to death” – Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey
- “Suspect each moment, for it is a thief, tiptoeing away with more than it brings” -John Updike
- “Time brings all things to pass” –Aeschylus
- “Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them” – Dion Boucicault
- “The proper way to create friends is to have a warm heart, not simply money or power. The friend of power and the friend of money are something different” – Dalai Lama
- “Make some money but don’t let money buy you” – Joelle
- “Money is not the most important thing, but when you need it, there are few substitutes. So while I like the things money can buy, I love what money won’t buy. It bought me a house, but it won’t buy me a home. It would buy me a companion, but it won’t buy me a friend.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Time is money says the proverb, but turn it around and you get a precious truth money is time”– George Gissing
- “Life has taught me that money is important but it’s not everything. For, if I have all the money in the world, but no time to enjoy, of what use is it?”– Unknown
- “I hate wasting time or money and that happens all the time for no good reason, and then people save money by skimping on the important things”– Rick Backer
Please I like to hear your thoughts and opinions on the post.
Help share on social media using the social buttons below this post.
Image Credit: Pexels